Sunday, June 2, 2013

Disrespect free write

I feel that respect is given. When people are disrespected and have done nothing to lose the respect that is ripped from them, I lose a little hope in humanity. I was raised in a place where respect was a very important thing. Yes ma'am, yes sir, were the literary Staples in my household. Sometimes I'll sit in class and just work on swallowing the anger that I have for the disrespectful people sitting behind me, talking during a lecture. My thought "are you freaking kidding me?! Do you think our teachers are in this for a paycheck?! This teacher is taking his time to teach us and you're just got him blow him off?" I've always been taught to not talk when your elder has the floor. Another thing that's frustrating is when you are disrespected by someone you have shown complete respect to and have done nothing to lose that respect. I tried to be the better person and continue to show that person respect especially if that person is above me. What's even worse, is someone you care about being disrespected. It is very frustrating when someone close to your heart is disrespected. You feel like they deserve the best. So you do your best to make it happen. Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment