Monday, June 3, 2013

Stereotypical Teen Hero Short Story

He walked in with the 12gauge. He pointed it at me. I said, "no, please don't!" He said, "you stole her." "No I didn't, you lost her and this is pointless, the only one you can truly hurts now as yourself." "I'm the one with the gun" he says. "Yes, but when it's said and done you will lose. Give me the gun" "no" pow! The gun discharges. The BBs hit me all at once in the gut. I took a step closer. Pow! Another shot. All the while my classmates scream in the background. I hear my girl scream. I make eye contact with her for a split second. When I look back at him, her screams stopped. I took another step. Pow Pow! I fell to one knee. I knew he was out. Had to be. He aimed at my head, Pulled the trigger, "click" nothing. I see anguish cover his face. Strength fills my body, and in a swift motion I jump at him. I grabbed the barrel of his gun with my left hand. I grabbed his throat with my other hand. With almost superhuman strength I hold the gun stationary while I put his body, head first, through the wall behind him. Now the gun and man were separated. Once I realized he was out cold I was down in moments. I hit the floor the gun dropping next to me. I was cold and I was fading. I heard my girlfriend yell my name loudly. I saw her face and was gone. Next thing I see is the docs face. "Hey hero" he says. Then my girl latched around my neck. I was in the hospital. I made it.

1 comment: